Raising Awareness Grows the Bottom Line
After 9 years in the non-profit and government sectors, Molly has spent the last 11 years in a consulting role. Quick to brainstorm ideas and share advice, Molly Gilbert Marketing loves the opportunity to be involved in projects that help small business owners tell their own story, which in turn raises awareness and drives more business, growing the bottom line.
Many companies try to save money on marketing, thinking it is optional, but successful companies know that all of your efforts are wasted unless you tell your customer about what you are doing to make their lives better.
Results Driven Marketing Highlights
As a Consultant
- For three different companies, grew new social media Facebook “Likes” by 500 in three months through regular postings, photography and advertising budgets of only $100.
- Wrote, took photographs and coordinated with the graphic designer to create the most successful brochures in the history of the Middle East Tennessee Tourism Council’s nearly 30-year history. Established a regional photography library of over 7,500 images and created over 30 regional themed stories which will also serve for future product development.
- Two difference clients reported tripling their profit since taking my marketing advice.
As an Employee
- Negotiated $1.5 million in added value to a $2 million advertising campaign for the State of Georgia’s Tourism Division. Without the use of an ad agency, I chose the advertising outlets, negotiated all contracts, and completed additional paperwork for Procurement to allow the Department to make the ad buys as a “Single Source” (saving approximately $150,000), which resulted in a change to State Legislation. An independent research firm confirmed a $7 return on investment for every $1 spent.
- Doubled the attendance at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. Oversaw PR efforts resulting in an estimated ad value of $600,000.
- Won First Place Award in a national communications contest by the United Way of America using a minimal budget and left-over stationary.
Sometimes You Need a Little Help Telling Your Story
Molly Gilbert Marketing offers freelance consultation about marketing, promotions, social media and advertising projects to travel destinations, attractions, non-profits and small to mid-size companies who need expert assistance with generating on brand marketing content for their target audiences. From small one-time projects to on-going marketing efforts, Molly Gilbert Marketing can assist your staff or make it completely turn-key.
Custom Content Packages
- Marketing Plan + Brand Development + Research about Top Competitors
- Posts for Social Media Platforms + Copyright Released Photography
- Event Photography + Pre-Event and Post-Event Press Releases + Distribution
- Sales and Informational PowerPoint + Trade Show Display Materials + Promotional Giveaway Items
- Website Text for an Upgraded or Overhauled Website + Coordination with Website Designer
- Brochure or Print Collateral Text + Coordination with Graphic Designer
- Create Your Own Package
Customized Content Generation For Your Owned and Earned Media
Molly Gilbert Marketing creates customized content for your owned media and earned media. Generating enough text, photos and customer quotes for your print and digital marketing projects can be overwhelming for small to mid-size companies and travel destinations. Even if you have a full time marketing director, public relations specialist or social media manager, it takes constant and consistent effort to generate enough materials for all platforms and outlets.
Examples of Owned Media
- Your Website, Enewsletter or Blog
- Your Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Google Plus
- Your Printed Brochure, Rack Card or Direct Mail
- Your Ads (Print, TV, Radio, Outdoor, Online)
- Your Sales Materials such as Powerpoint Presentations and Banners
Examples of Earned Media
- Magazine and Newspaper Articles or TV and Radio News Stories
- Other People’s Blogs or Social Media Postings
- Other Company’s Websites
- Other Publication’s Online Calendars